Flags, etc

Late pickup on the Alfa Flag thread. in AD7-438 Jerry Parker remarks that they
must have been available in Europe (to dealers), and he has seen them for sale
second-hand at car shows, but at ridiculous prices.

The Alfa Romeo Accessories catalogs circulated in the USA ("From Milano, the
design capital of the world, Alfa Romeo Boutique Fashion and accessories . . .
High quality . . . High tech . . . Made in Italy . . .") showed two flags and
two banners, one a tall flag, white ground, Alfa Romeo script logo in red
above a badge (without lettering) for $35, a second  the badge with lettering
(ALFAROMEO without Milano, alas) on a white ground for $18, a vertical banner
in red with a V-notched lower end, white diagonal stripe with red script Alfa
Romeo and red badge for $30, and a long banner in red, unlettered badges at
both ends flanking a white script Alfa Romeo, no price scribbled in my copy.
Also windbreakers, umbrellas, beach-blankets, bathrobes, boxer shorts, (but no
briefs or thongs), the coveralls which were called Pirelli Suits when I was
younger, moneyclips, cigarette lighters, Swiss Army Knives, pen-and-pencil
sets, etc. ad infinitum.

The last time I bought trifocals I was offered glasses-frames with the badge
and script on each temple. I passed-

John H.
Raleigh, N,C.