Bad product placement!

This might be old hat, since the movie's about 7 years old...but in
the movie "Blue," the first of a trio of stunningly beautiful pictures
from Kryzstof Kieslowski (the others being "White" and "Red" - imagine
that!), the story opens with a couple and their child in their car
driving out from (I suppose) Paris at night, then on an autoroute in
the early morning...then we see that it's a 164 3-litre...then we see
fluid oozing from a brake line...then KABLOOEY, into a couple of
trees, doors fly open, beach ball bounces out (poignant!)...

Whose bright idea was this? Some Fiat PR genius who's always resented
those Alfa guys?

Actually, the first time I saw the shot with the brake fluid, I had to
laugh, since the Milano's been in the shop for over two weeks now
while they struggle with the brakes!

Will Owen
Nashville, TN