'83 Spider -How to get the badges off the "foam" spolier

I need to remove the badges from the "foam" rear spoiler of my '83
Spider so I can refinish/repaint the spoiler.  How the dickens do they
come off?  I am concerned that I will tear the relatively soft foam if I
try to pry them off.  The posts on the back of the badges appear to be
held on by some sort of friction clip.  Help!  TIA.

Bill Bain
'83 Spider - still too cold to paint - sigh