how to clean a Spider rear window?

The rear window on the Spider I'm putting together is badly yellowed and
cloudy. The top is in otherwise serviceable condition, although I am
planning to replace it after I have the car together and sorted out
mechanically. First things first, my money is limited and the scope of
this project is daunting.

What kind of treatments and cleaning techniques have you used to bring
such a window to life? and how successful was the effort?

I'm sure this has been discussed before and I've been searching through
my alfa-digest archives but I can't find the info. Thank you for your
tolerance.

Godfrey
http://www.bayarea.net/~ramarren/