A request to the community

I'm trying to track possible vacuum leaks and had an idea
that might save me a big waste of time. It's simple: find
out what a 'normal' V6's vacuum reading is and compare.
Unfortunately, I've only got one Alfa on hand -- unlike
AlfaBill, who seems to attract them like a demented
magnet -- and (unsurprisingly) no one else in the
neighborhood has one.

So, if someone out there has a vacuum gauge, a 2.5L and 5
minutes, could you fire up the car, disconnect a hose and
plug in your gauge? I've got the Sperry heads, but I doubt
that would make too big a difference.

Also, with regard to Bill's question about 'advertising'
here, I'd enjoy the occasional statement about new /
interesting products. I know over at Mastro they've got a
lock on some good after-market bushings and some
reasonably-priced plug wires among other things. But then my
opinion might not carry a lot of weight here as I'm probably
the newest member of this fantastic list.

Thanks,

- - Eric H., Clearwater, FL
83 GTV 6 "Felicite"