Alfa vendors contributing to the digest

David J. Anderson wrote:

>>Subject: TecnoMagnesio Wheel
>>As a TecnoMagnesio dealer, specializing in Alfa Romeo, I would be happy to
>>answer questions about the wheels, but off the Alfa Digest please.  One
>>must not be improper about advertising one's products.

To which Ben Dixon replied:

>since it is info that has been specifically requested, im sure noone would
>consider it improper if you gave us info on the wheels you have that are
>relevant.  People who make their livings selling alfa-related products
>should be able to give info as freely as anyone, so long as it has been
>requested. Anyone disagree?

I for one AGREE with Ben.  If a vendor of Alfa-specific parts wants to
join a discussion, and share information about the products he sells,
what the heck?  Lots of replies from non-vendors take the form: "I
called AlfaStuff, and they have original frabzits in stock, available
for US$XX.XX"  So, why not encourate the guy from AlfaStuff reply
directly?

Hey, it's not as if we all aren't regularly bombarded with FAR, FAR
more offensive ads.  When people start pitching long distance phone
service, or girls!girls!girls! on the AlfaDigest I'll see a problem,
but anyone trying to make a living by selling Alfa parts is OK in
my book.

Jay Mackro