Alfetta mystery finally solved,PermaPlate,rental car mayhem

Greetings Alfisti!
       First,thanks to all the digesters who have helped me finally figure out
that what we bought was an Alfetta VELOCISSIMA edition missing the front air
dam and front fender flares.Aha!There's a website with someone selling a
similar car that Bret sent to me (Thanks Bret!).www.csn.ul.ie/~keith/gtv/
shows what my car looks like,and this one was for sale for $500.00 (but the
logistics involved in CA to VA transport are far beyond the reach of my
pockets and explaining to the missus why we need 4 Alfas instead of the 3 we
have now.).Thanks to all who sent advice on the boogered shift linkage
too,I'll try that before exploring unfamiliar (tranny rebuilding) territory.My
$20.00 donation to the Welty fund goes in the mail Friday.This car will be
terrorizing the DC beltway very shortly.I can imagine the slammed spoilered
Honda crowd are going to have a hard time figuring out what this car is.
Does anyone have a period AM/FM radio for this car they might like to part
with?I intend to keep this car original (with the exception of the motor;cams,
Sperry head etc mods,possibly a suspension;IE mods that won't detract from the
look of the vehicle as Alfa made it.).Will the stock SPICA system work well
with these type of mods? What type of regular maintenance should be done on
the SPICA pump other than regular fuel filter changes and oil changes?
Also, Perma Plate as the salesmen are trying to sell to the gentleman who's
buying an A4 is nothing more than a high profit kickback to the salesman.Your
son doesn't need it, just keep the car waxed regularly.That will provide more
UV protection than PermaPlate...............
Also, should Alfisti be forced to drive a rental car in the US on business
trips or whatever;try a Chevy Malibu with the 2,4 4 cylinder motor.(No
financial interest whatsoever.Driving interest, though) It handles
surprisingly well,is quite roomy and rev happy like a Milano gold (the auto
trans can also be hand shifted quite satisfactorily).Thought you might be
interested,it's a very "flingable" car.
I won our office's weekly Friday "road race" against a new Grand Am (3,4V6
twin cam)in one last week.God, I love my job.........................
Terry Akins
Alexandria,Va
1987 Milano Gold(Alfie)
1984 GTV6 (Vito,looking for a quality home.,Email me for details)
1979 Alfetta Velocissima coupe (nameless)

End of alfa-digest V7 #423