Re:How hot is too hot?

I'm seeing a similar problem on my GTV.  I have an electric fan rated for 3
litres running on a thermostatic switch that overheats if it sits in traffic.
I know of other GTV owners who are running higher compression and more radical
cams than I am who don't have any problems.  I have a new engine (broken in),
a boiled out radiator, and good antifreeze mix.  The temperature has been
verified by a heat gun.

The best solution I've found is to avoid traffic lights at all cost.  Speed
through lights if they're changing, or if necessary, if they're already red.
If there are cars in front of you at the light, the sidewalks are usually wide
enough to accomidate an older GTV.  I've found that maintaining a speed over
40 through downtown areas keeps the car cool and improves my driving ability.
I kinda feel like Beretta, too.  Hope this helps.

Lawrence Gowin
71 GTV
87 Milano