How hot is too hot?

I recently installed an electric cooling fan kit from Alfa Heaven in my '69
GTV(w/ 2.0L engine).  The fan is a 12" unit rated at 1429cfm and comes with
an adjustable temperature switch that I have set to come on at ~185 deg.
The highest temperature I ever recorded with the engine-driven fan was ~195
deg and the car typically was ~185 deg in normal traffic situations --
including 90 deg days.

This morning I was stuck in stop and go traffic for nearly 1/2 an hour in
very cool weather (about 40 deg).  After approximately 20 minutes of this
Seattle gridlock, the temperature gauge shot up to around 210 deg.  The fan
was working at the time, but I'm not sure this is an acceptable figure
particularly given how cool it was outside.  I plan to rebleed the cooling
system to make sure I didn't screw that up, but I would appreciate any
opinions on what is acceptable in this situation and when I should begin to
worry.  BTW the car has a new radiator, water pump and fresh coolant (50/50
mix).

Thanks,
John
Seattle, WA