Ronals on GTV6's (was: Velocissima, not Mille Miglia)

All this talk of special editions and Ronal wheels brings up a question.
I purchased my '84 GTV6 at 18K miles with Ronal A-1 15x7 wheels from a dealer
in SC. When I test drove the car, the original window sticker was in the
glovebox and it showed that the Ronals were dealer installed (a $2000
option). Unfortunately, when I went back two weeks later to pick up the
car, this documentation was "lost".

Several years later when my car was being judged at a local concours, my
car lost points for "non-original" wheels. I questioned the judges, but they
disagreed. At the time I shrugged my shoulders, but now I'm curious
if any other GTV6 owners have dealer installed Ronals. Any information on
these wheels? My car did not have any other dealer installed options
(except perhaps a radio).

One other curious point about this car was that the factory apparently forgot
to put a clear coat on the darker paint below the door guard strip. The paint
was faded and rough to the touch. Color would come off on your finger if you
rubbed it.
- --
Colin Verrilli     Raleigh, NC     verrilli@domain.elided
'84 GTV6        '87 Milano Gold         '94 164LS Auto
Mid-Atlantic Alfa Romeo Club (MAARC) Treasurer
MAARC Home Page:  http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2380
164 Home Page:    /alfa/FAQ/164
NOS Alfa Parts for sale: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2380/cbvparts.htm