Re:Electric Fan

I don't have the Shankle fan, but I am running an electric.  I have a Haynes
model rated for a 3 litre engine.  When I originally installed it, I
fabricated brackets and suspended it in front of the radiator.  While the
brackets worked well, I found them to be a pain to have to install and/or
remove.  I've since opted to wire the fan through the radiator fins.  I've
seen a number of people who are regarded as experts (no comments, please) or
at least very good, who have mounted fans this way with no adverse effects.
If you power the fan up before its installed, you should notice that it runs
smooth, without vibration.  You will also notice that its very light.  If you
mount it on 4 points to the radiator, there shouldn't be any problems.

For what its worth, I bought a Haynes fan with a thermostatic control for a
little under $100US.  However, I also have to emphasize supporting your
favorite Alfa parts supplier whenever possible.

Lawrence Gowin
71 GTV
87 Milano