Re: Alfetta Mille Miglia

I really doubt that the car spoken of by Terry Akins is a Mille Miglia.  I
have one and also a factory brochure.  I think that if you are missing the
rear wiper and the digital clock those are dead giveaways that it is not a
Mille Miglia.  My opinion is that you probably have a Velocissimo Edition or a
Mario Andretti Edition.  The Mille Miglia did not come with fender flares of
any type.  The exterior plaques that identify it are located on both front
fenders and there is also one mounted inside the car on the fake wood just
left of the glove box.  The two green Quads on the rear air vents were also
found on other Sprint Veloces.  The digital clock and the rear wiper control
switch is located on the fake wood just left of the steering wheel.  It would
also be good for you to make sure your car really was made in '79 since not
very many Sprint Veloces were made that year.  I doubt if that would impact
the value of it though.

That's my two cents worth.  Thanks.

Bret Powelson
Orem, Utah