75 bad idling, continue

David adds
[]  Maybe this ICV needs checking, see if you can get a secondhand
one to test against.

Lars replys
[] Yes, I think it's time to get a new one...abt. 270 USD

Remind me, did you confirm that your AFM is working smoothly?
What are the idle problems now?

Lars replys
[] The AFM is clean and smooth moving, checked for resistance continuty
thru the range.
The problems nowdays; two weeks after cleaning the ICV ( abt 600 km) the
idle is high (abt 1200 rpm) at cold start.
The engine is also a little sluggish from idlling when throttle is
opened.
The trottle inside the ICV is then found to get stuck at half-opened,
the spring can't pull it back.
Clean it out, shake it with alcohol and WD-40, slightly rust-coloured
when poured out. No visible dirt inside though.
Afterwards the ICV is smooth moving, reattach it to the engine, reset
the ECU by unconnecting the battery for a minute,
then running perfect again.

This problems came this winter, in the atumn I installed a K&N air
filter. Could there be a connection..?
Like...lower drag through the filter => lower vacuum in intake manifold
=> poorer crankcase vent performance..?

David...thanks for your patience...

Lars in Sweden   1990 75 TS  16900 km

End of alfa-digest V7 #416