What did I BUY?

Greetings Alfisti!
           A day or two ago I posted that I was buying an alfetta GT,with a
possible trade for a Spica injected sedan (need the SPICA "experience" to
continue my Alfa education,Weber carb car next!).I got the car home
today,along with a friends' 86 Quadrifoglio Spider he'd just bought, on a
rollback wrecker, with us leading the way in a Verde.Two Alfas on a wrecker
going home instead of to the junkyard is a beautiful sight let me tell you!Two
Alfas saved from the crusher.........My car is odd, though.
          Anyway, It's a 1979 Alfetta coupe of some sort with 135 k miles,VIN
number AR116150006111.  It's black,looks like there was two badges on the lip
of the hatchback, but appear to have been pulled off,no other badging except
for Alfa logos on the grille and rear hatch;99% rust free!!!!!(one inch spot
of rust along bottom of drivers side door,NO RUST AT ALL around the windshield
frames, floor pans,rocker panels,shock towers or the engine compartment.Ruined
a dress shirt and pants checking it out too. ).4 Ronal "phone dial" type
wheels in perfect condition,14 inch 4 bolt pattern. Can 4 bolt hubs be
retrofitted to Milanos/GTV6's for a wider choice in wheels? The car sat for 2
years inside, put a battery in it and it fired right up! Started up to a
1500rpm idle,slowly settled down to about a 850 rpm idle after a minute or
so.Has a hand throttle to the left of the steering wheel on the dash, but
didn't have to use it.IMHO,the Spica system is good.Interior in overall good
shape,roll down windows,(not power);one torn drivers seat, (side bolster) tan
velour with seats similar to ones I remember in the Alfetta/sport sedan .Runs
great,1st and 2nd gears very "crunchy".Strong clutch.This is the "what did I
buy" part...............................
              I'm hoping someone might know if this is a hack job or a limited
edition car.I was not able to talk to PO;he had passed away I was told.  The
car has fender flares on the rear wheels only,a spoiler on the top of the
hatchback much like the spoiler on '83-85 Toyota Supras,rectangular driving
lights on the front of the car with metal guards around them,and a fiberglass
spoiler on the rear deck that appears to attach using 2 brackets made of
aluminum fastened to the spoiler with 3holes drilled in them.A hole was
drilled in the spoiler to allow passage of the hatchback lock.This spoiler was
not attached but was sitting in the back seat.
             Question time,please.I am surmising (hoping) that this is a
special edition Alfa,but am not sure of what type.I know about Nikki Lauda
Spiders,the Grand Prix GTV6 and the like, but am not sure about the Alfetta
special editions.The fender flares are on the rear wheels only,and look like a
factory part.(Makes this thing look pretty aggressive,too.)It has a sunroof,
again a factory job but the shape and size is different from my GTV6.The
headliner is actually in really good shape,although dirty.The bumpers of this
car are black,thin looking compared to the GTV6 and don't look like 5 mph
bumpers.The vents behind the rear windows have air scoops (??) on them,each
inlaid with a silver quadrifoglio on a gold (Anodized?)metal circle.All of the
spoilers and scoops on the car look like factory parts.There is no front air
dam.
I am wondering what this car is, I am (happily)perplexed.....................
     I want to know if the transmission from the GTV6 can be swapped to this
car;the synchros sound non existant in the Alfetta tranny.Being a new 4
cylinder SPICA (yesss!!!!!!)Alfa owner,could someone please tell me what I
should do/look for/ replace on this car.One outer door handle needs replacing
(PO thoughtfully provided a new one);the SPICA set screw (proper name escapes
me, the one the Braden bible says deduct $1000 off sell price if it's moved)is
untouched.Got no books or papers on the car,but from the looks of it,it has
been well maintained.What did I buy,fellow Alfisti? Tips and pointers will be
most welcome.
Thanks in advance,
Terry and Sharon Akins
Alexandria,VA
1987 Milano Gold(Alfie)
1984 GTV6 (Vito,being eyed nervously as a possible tranny donor )
1979 Alfetta  mystery car