Transaxle Decisions

Scott wrote: "I miss the tall final drive (3.4 something) of my original 82.
I know most people hate that ratio but I rather liked it.  First gear was
useful -- taking you up to about 40 mph before shifting..."

Ummm, offhand I don't know the ratio of the verde transaxle, but I can
confirm that the rev limiter kicks in (i.e. ~6000rpm) at about 40 mph on my
Verde.  My understanding was that the verde transaxle was geared higher
(numerically a lower ratio) than the other milanos, although I don't have the
number handy.  I can certainly vouch that the verde is geared higher than a
Pt.  IMO, I'd prefer the lower gearing (i.e. numerically higher) of the Pt.
and "lower" models.  The verde is just starting to make stride at 80mph.....

Bob Brady, DVAROC