Spider Flex Disk (Donut)(Giubo)(Sp?)

Hi,

Nearing the end of my major winter project-- renewing the driveline and rear
suspension bushing components of my 1969 1750 Spider Veloce. (Had the good
fortune to drive it plenty last summer, and these old parts started
complaining.) I'm at the point of reinstalling the driveshaft (new u-joints,
support bearing & rubber, balanced) but am experiencing a fit problem w/ the
new flex joint. The bolts do not want to slide into any of the six holes.

The bolts look correct, good quality, about an inch of thread, then a shoulder
(smooth surface where there is no threads) until the head. They appear to fit
correctly into the old donut, and also the triangular yokes. The new donut
accepts the bolt up until it contacts the shoulder. I asked the supplier to
send a replacement which arrived today, but it has the same problem.

The technician I spoke to over the phone verified it was the correct part, and
recommended I ream out the holes but I think this should not be necessary, and
do not even have a drill bit large enough and furthermore do not want to upset
what seems like it should be a balanced driveline component. Also, the more I
handle the donut the more the metal strap wants to slip off. Then I know it
will be impossible to install.

The box it came in says "Rubber-Metal Parts,  Suspension Kit," the brand is
Akron. Mostly it looks identical to the one I pulled out of the car, except
the six holes appear to be slightly smaller, and of course the old one is
cracked, greasy, and ugly.

Anybody have any worthwile advice?

Thanks in advance!

Caxambu
1969 1750 Spider Veloce
Seattle WA, where the sloppy weather this past week has not made me feel too
bad about the spider being laid up.