'91 spider for sale

I have decided to sell my 1991 spider veloce.  32,000 miles, black with tan
interior, stored winters, very very clean, mechanically excellent, mobil 1
every 3000, professionally maintained, most records, new faza exhaust,
Koni's, much more.   $5500.  Car is located in Milwaukee WI.  Reasonable
delivery  possible.

Now, before you wire transfer your funds, there is of course a catch.   The
car was involved in a left front low speed collision.  Details, including
estimates, available if necessary.  In short, a raised SUV with steel tube
bumper vs. a slightly lowered spider is not a good matchup (although it did
leave my bumper unscratched).  The car is very repairable.  It needs a
hood,  left fender, and nose cone.  The airbag wheel has also deployed, so
it's probably a MOMO candidate.  New parts cost is around $1000.  Used
obviously much less.

I would have the car fixed, but it was (is) for sale.  I have a 1 year old
son and am finding that the two seat configuration is not very practical
right now.   We drove it less than 500 miles last year.  I posted this car
on the digest last October / November for $10,000.  By the way, just to
prove that there is hope, State Farm said the car was worth 11,000 - 12,000
without any negotiation.  So I guess they aren't all out to get us.

My thought here is that if someone has a parts car with good body panels,
or is pretty skilled at body work, this is a great opportunity for someone
to own a really, really nice spider for not a lot of money.  You could even
have it fixed professionally for $3000-4000.  Hey, you could even build a
killer GTV with Motronic injection and phone dial wheels.  The
possibilities are endless.

I've considered literally 10 different options over the past few months,
but I keep coming back to the point that I just don't need or have time for
this car right now.  If a spider fit my current lifestyle, I'd fix it in an
instant.

If there is no interest at this price, I'll have it fixed and sell it for
considerably more.

Let me know if you're interested, or have questions.

Steve Hoffins

'95 VW Eurovan Camper
'83 GTV6B
'91 Spider Veloce (sort of)