Re: alfa-digest V7 #409 Small Holes in Pistons?

Alfa information on Line,

I have the pistons out of my 77 Spider and am replacing the rings . My
question is:
In cleaning the pistons, should I be able to Blow air through the 4 small
holes in each piston?  I tried a tiny wire to see if they were full of carbon,
but can't find the through way?   I blasted them with the small tube of WD40,
but nothing went through. I certainly don't want to reinstall until I know
their purpose and that they are clean.

Thanks for your advice!
Stan
Columbus, Ga.