Re: 75 bad idling; continued

Lars and I continue to debug his bad idle ....

[Lars wrote]
Yes, I'm aware that WD-40 (or 5-56 like it's called in Sweden) leaves
some oil remains
in wich dust will get stuck eventually. So last time I cleaned it, I
flushed the ICV inside with rubbing alcohol afterwards.
I get slightly rust-coloured solvent when I pour it out, I guess the
sealing inside the ICV has gone bad, letting moist
inside the solenoid. There's nothing made of steel in the ICV where the
air travels, as  far as I can tell.

David adds
[]  Maybe this ICV needs checking, see if you can get a secondhand
one to test against.

[Lars wrote]
Maybe the problem increases at cold weather. Now it's winter up here,
with temperatures
below zero degree C.
During summer it doesn't reqire that much cleaning.
A friend of mine got severe brake problems since the vacuum servo system
on his 75 TS
was full of goo from the crankcase vent. My 75 has ABS.

[David Adds]

[]  That could be the problem.  Maybe it does need some lubrication when
things get that cold.  Here we don't even get down to zero Celsius, and
rarely below 10.  I don't know what lubrication to suggest.

Remind me, did you confirm that your AFM is working smoothly?
What are the idle problems now?

[]  Cheers,
david in Australia  1989 ALFA75 TS 130000km
Lars in Sweden   1990 75 TS  16900 km