24V 164 60K service

I'm in the process of doing a 60K service on my '94 164 24V. Here's the list:
- - change oil, filter
- - change air filter
- - check brake pads
- - bleed brakes
- - change auto transmission fluid and filter
- - change coolant
- - check CV boots
- - rotate tires
- - replace spark plugs
- - replace O2 sensor
- - replace accessory belt
So far, I've done all but the last two items.
This is a lot of work! I can see why the dealers get so much money. For
example, changing the spark plugs requires pulling off a bunch of hoses
plus the intake runners and plenum. Then remove the valve cover covers
(that just cover the spark plugs), then remove each of the individual
coils (bolted in with 4 bolts each). Many of the hoses have the funny
clamps that can't be reused (anyone know how to reuse them?). Took me about
3 hours to do all the plugs!
For the accessory belt change, I'll have to remove the RF wheel and wheel
well covers to gain access, then use a special Alfa tool to remove and
tension the belt properly.
O2 sensor change requires lowering the exhaust :-(

Sorry, just venting. (and wondering if anyone has any shortcuts).

- --
Colin Verrilli     Raleigh, NC     verrilli@domain.elided
'84 GTV6 (in good shape for Roebling)
'87 Milano Gold (600 miles on rebuilt engine - looking good)
'94 164LS Auto (now at 61K with 60K service in progress)
Mid-Atlantic Alfa Romeo Club (MAARC) Treasurer
MAARC Home Page:  http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2380
164 Home Page:    /alfa/FAQ/164
NOS Alfa Parts for sale: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2380/cbvparts.htm