Tire and Wheel fitment

Greetings all - esp Alfetta Coupe owners -

I have a line on 15 x 7 Ronal, I believe commonly referred to here as the
telephone dial style.  I would like to put them on the Alfetta GT, as more
tires in premium quality are available in 15 inch than in 14 inch.  (I
currently have 14 x 6 with 205/60 Bridgestone RE71Rs on the car.)

The question is one, not of the right tire for the wheel, but if the right
size tire (205/55 x 15) would cause clearance problems in the front or back.
I have seen at least one Alfetta sedan with those wheels on it, and they
really fill out the wheel wells.  The owner has never mentioned clearance as
an issue.

The owner of the wheels has a sedan that he thought about as a track car (but
no longer), hence his desire to sell.  He thought that the wheels were made
for the coupe, and would not fit on the sedan, citing clearance problems.

One of the guys at AR Ricambi mentioned that the offset of the Ronals would
guarantee clearance problems on the front.  He even said that the wheels were
made for the sedan.

Who do I believe?  Anyone done this?  Will the 15x7s fit the car with 205/55
tires?  I certainly do not want to flare the wheel wells.  I also want to have
a reasonable certainty that it will all fit, before I plunk down the bucks for
the wheels.

T.I.A.
Jay Negrin
76 Alfetta GT