Specs for early '70s gt

Info needed for possible street/vintage race car project, in Canada!

One option is a 1970 gt jr, orig. 1300 cc, now has 1750 engine.
The Question is: were the 1300 & 1750 models identical cosmetically and
mechanically, except for the engine? Also, were they both carbs (Weber?) or
was fuel inj. available?

Second option is a 1975 GTV 2000.
The Question: Was the 1975 (really '74, just continued to another year?)
cosmetically and mechanically identical to the first year the 2000 was produced
(1971? 1972?) Were they available with carbs (Weber?)or injection?
What about the locking differential: option? standard?

To qualify for "Historic Production" (VARAC) the car must have been from
before Dec. 31, 1972. A later build-date can be "grand-fathered" if the
model yr. in question is cosmetically and mechanically identical to the
earlier, qualifying
year(s).

The onus is on me to prove this to the eligibility committee, so any
well-authenticated assistance would be appreciated!
Also, any opinions as to which would be the better option? Torque, revving,
locking diff., weight, etc.
(With the 2000, I could wind up with lots of spare parts, including engine/trans
from another "donor" car...)

Thanks, Peter