RE: Shipping a 164

Bill, if you can't find a cheap enough way to ship the car, I have an idea
that might have some interest.  (It has interest to me anyway)

It is sort of a reverse Pony Express, or maybe the railroad method, or better
yet, the Olympic Torch.  We will call it the 164 Relay.  It works this way.
Bill starts out from Tampa and drives two (or four, whatever he feels like
driving out and back) hours west.  At that time Bill stops at a prearranged
time and place where another driver takes over and drives a couple of hours
west.  We set this up all across the country.  Nobody is out airfare and four
days and the car gets to where it is going.  The person driving each leg buys
the gas, just for the pleasure of driving the BEST ALFA EVER BUILT, the 164S.
:>)

Only downside I can see is about an additional 3000 or so miles on the car
when it reaches SF.

John Justus (ready to drive my shift in the center of the country)
1995 164 Q (I was only kidding about the 164 S being the best, the Q is
slightly better)
1971 1750 GTV