turbodelta alfetta's con't

I agree with John H (Stateside) that:

>So, there seems to be a puzzle. It is conceivable that the relatively large
>numbers of Australian Alfetta Turbodelta sedans were elaborated by the
>Australian distributor, I suppose, by buying Turbodelta parts and adding them
>to standard Alfetta sedans. A partially comparable case existed in England
>where (according to David Owen) a British agency developed a Turbo version
>"when Alfa announced that they would not be making the Autodelta-developed
>version of the GTV, already on sale in the German market, available in
>Britain".

It is entirely possible that the Autodelta turbo "kit" was added to the Alfetta
Sedan by Alfa Romeo Australia. This my have been to boost the sales of the sedan
vs the coupe. This would also explain the extreme scarcity of Turbodelta GTV's
in this country.

John's reasoning on the homologation issue can't be faulted.

I have a road test of the Turbodelta Sedan somewhere (not to hand) which may
offer some clues.

Regds

Bill