GTV6 drain tubes,two tone leather/body shops/Texas squashed milano

Greetings Alfisti!
      Reading about the GTV6 drain vents showering people with
water.Curious,my project '84 GTV6 Vito has some water in the floorboards.I
looked in this evening and the floorboard on the right front was wet.Not
sopping wet, but quite damp.In addition, the front seat had moisture on it as
well.The car has been parked in the same spot for 3 months now,slightly nose
down. My car has a sunroof;my thinking is that the drain tubes on it were
leaking.The headliner is not wet, though.Any ideas on how to cure this?I taped
up the opening on the sunroof just in case.(Hey I can turn my head at a 45*
angle now!)
     On a related note, a friend commented on the front seats in my GTV6.The
front seats appear to be a two toned leather,tan on the front of the seats but
the sides of the seats are a lighter tan color.I'm pretty certain that these
were not the way they came from the factory;my thinking is that since they are
a leather/vinyl mix, the dye on the vinyl parts of the seats has faded out
over time.Any ideas?Whatever the case, it does provide an interesting look to
the interior..
     Also, quite a few of the body shops in the northern VA area are currently
running way behind on repair work, If you live in this area and want to get
work done,wait at least a month before even approaching a body shop. Most
shops are running about 3-4 weeks behind schedule and most are currently
accepting only insurance work.....  I have a list of good shops in this area
for those who might need it;email me off digest for it.No financial
interest,just interest in keeping Alfas alive.................
        For the gentleman who had the Milano in Texas totalled out,my humblest
and sincerest apologies.In AD #399,Howard gave some excellent points on how to
secure the most for the car.I deal with insurance adjusters every single
(&^$%^) day;the best thing is to be fully prepared;show receipts for what work
has been recently done to the car to increase/maintain its value,MAKE THE
INSURANCE COMPANY USE THE CPI GUIDE (otherwise, the NADA book will show about
$2100 for your car,tops)and be polite but firm with the adjuster.Adjusters are
trying to keep their company's costs as low as possible;their profit margins
are their main concern.......Also, if your'e not able to buy the car back
directly from the insurance company,find a car dealer friend and buy the car
back from the insurance auction it will end up at.COPART is the nations
biggest auction of wrecked/totalled/repairable cars,with you being in Texas I
believe there's a COPART auction in the DFW area (Grand Prarie,TX,around
Division St???) WWW.COPART.com is their website, and it includes a list of
what is being sold when at a particular auction.It's a dealer only auction, so
you;ll need a licensed car dealer or salesman to do the buying back for you.
Hope this helps,
Terry and Sharon Akins
(Feeling better,thank you)
Alexandria,VA