Some info

I wanted since a long time to post some answers to problems debated here and
show some info about 164 that i have available, for those who care..
First of all when i was working in RO at Alfa Romeo, in '94 they had this
problem:
 People had the $ to buy the 164 but not the gas to "feed" them.

What I mean is that all we had for a long time there was leaded fuel
Then a directive came to the dealer (sort of a TSB) that stated following:
If no unleaded available take a new unused oxigen sensor and run the car with
that for a certain amount of time (i forget how much), then disconect it and
run without sensor.I think they meant to come up with some kind of resistor to
replace the sensor, unconected to the exhaust.
The cat lasts for maybe a year fed with lead then people just hollowed it out
now things have changed there too and they have unleaded sufficiently