Re: New owner of Milano Silver, mfg. date 11/86

In a message dated 1/17/99 11:36:06 PM Central Standard Time,
alegre@domain.elided writes:

<< 1. What is the best solution to a leaking timing belt tensioner?
 2. Where can I get an owner's manual and a service manual?
 3. What is the proper fuel in this car for street use?
 4. I have the chance to buy a complete Milano Platinum that was running
 when the timing belt broke. I know the pistons hit the valves but does this
 damage more than the valves? What is the range of cost to repair?
 5. I would appreciate a list of good sources for parts.
 6. The ignition key cannot be removed from the lock. Any suggestions?
 7. The windshield is cracked. The local glass shop quotes $160 to replace
 it. Are they likely to have the knowledge for a proper replacement. If
 not... suggestions?

 My closest approach to the Milano was a Porche 356A in the '60s and I am
 already in love with the Milano. >>

Congrats!!!!!!!

1. Mechanical tensioner around $70
2. IAP, Centerline, Car Disc CD
3. Unleaded works fine.
4. Depending on what speed the engine was turning anywhere from just a couple
of valve al the way to severe bottom end damage. $400 to new/used engine
5. IAP - http://www.arricambi.com/, Centerline -
http://www.centerlinealfa.com/, AR Ricombi - http://www.arricambi.com/ and
possibly your local Alfa Dealer
6. a. Remove the ignition switch from the car by slotting or punching out the
break-away securing screw b. Press the little brass button, fiddle a bit and
pull the assembly apart. c. Pull out the key-in-lock microswitch. d. Pull out
the metal fragments. e. Try in vain to put the key-in-lock microswitch back
in. f. Live with a working lock with the key-in-lock microswitch OR buy a new
lock from #5.
I've done this twice.

John Katos
87 Platinum