manic sliding block

I am racing my GTV with an Autodelta sliding block.
<<<Ooo-- you call it a FAKE GTA, who cares? ;-)

My sliding block is neatly modified by previous owner with modern tech:
- - a new blacket to accomodate 2000 diff
- - nylon sliding plates to eliminate the need of constant lubrication and
tears&wears from its dirty grease.
The latter modification is very much recommendable. It's so easy! (and ease
your mind.)

One disadvantage not yet mentioned is hard to have access to diff oil plug.
Otherwise you have to remove whole the block&stays. They can't be partly
disassembled while bolted onto the car. It's not worth only for changing
diff oil, right?

Actually I struggled to release the plug yesterday for nearly 1hour using a
"special tool"-- cut 14mm allen to the length of only 20mm and turned it
with a 14mm wrench between the block and diff case.... phew.
Anyway you can do it in the same way at least...

Taiju Kobayashi
Tokyo,Japan
'66 GTV "Corsa" (Dave Vegher's mods in 70's, GTA look-alike)
'91 75TS (needs sliding block, worn watt's link bushes)