How to access tach/'86 spider?

Awhile ago I had posted a question about the tach in my '86 spider
sticking under acceleration.  Turns out one of the screws in the tach
faceplate had worked itself loose (and eventually fell out).  Now I need
to figure out how to get at the tach faceplace, so as to replace the
offending screw...

I gave it a go today, starting from the front, and managed to get the
trim ring off the instrument cluster.  I'd hoped to be able to remove
the plastic cover and get at the tach quickly and easily, but of course
I should've known better; glued on.  I got the 4 screws securing the
pod, but couldn't get the pod out as it seems to have been held pretty
tightly by wiring harnesses (I assume) attached behind.

So how does one get at the tach?  I know I've seen threads on correcting
bent needles and having tachs rebuilt, so SOMEBODY out there must know
the teardown on it (Bruce?).  Please help.

TIA,

Hal Taylor
Venice, CA
'86 spider veloce "Strega"

By the way, I returned last week from a little time in Italy, and Alfa
seems to be alive and well there.  33's, 75's and 164's are downright
ubiquitous, and I saw a pretty fair number of new generation machines as
well:  gtv's, spiders,145's, and 156's, mostly, and at least one 166.

The 33 looked like a nice car;  can anyone tell me anything about them?