Terry Akins SUV Crash

Terry:

I wish you a speedy recovery.

So, it was a Ford Expedition, eh?  It was one of those monsters that I got
stuck behind this morning in our weather event of the day - freezing rain
turned to just rain today.  It was slithering around at about 20 mph while
the rest of the world was doing 30 - 35 in the usual 45 MPH zone.
Unfortunately, single lane of traffic with no place to pass with lots of
uncoming traffic.  Gads, 5 miles of that was enough!

Isn't one of lines in a Ford truck commercial, "I love my Ford
Explorer/Expedition because I'm in control."  What kind of control?  In
control of following traffic?  Certainly not in control of driving.  Ford -
get some reality!  Or is this bad handling of the Expedition something that
NHTSA should investigate?

Alfa content - I do have an AROC decal on the hardtop of my MGB that I drive
in this kind of weather.  The MGB was perfectly controlable at 35 mph BTW.

Norm Sippel
'61 Sprint Veloce