164 Brake lites

Hi Guys,
 The weather here in the Boston area sucks, and as such I have a corrosion
induced failure to report, effecting the brake lite output of the 164 cars.
The owners manual makes no mention of a brke lite relay, but Si Virginia,
there is one. Located under the plastic console at the base of the windshield,
behind the 40 amp breaker,the bugger resides. I had 12v in the fuse box, and a
bypass of the brake lite switch yielded a faint relay click under the hood.
Can you imagine, my wife , driving all day in the slush and ice of New
England, and not getting rear-ended, with no brake lites?The relay was so
corroded, leaving the contact plate a pile of corroded dust.A double 87 post
from a GTV6 box worked as the original. Wrapping the relay in a plastic bag
and relocating away from moisture , should avoid future failure.

Jonathan Kirshtein