[no subject]

I maintained two practices in driving the car which were confirmed (big time!)
by the tear down.

First, in warming the engine, I have always been careful to use no more than
1/2 throttle and no more than 3000 RPM until the water temp is well off the
peg.  Once the temp is up enough, I was always very agressive in using revs
and throttle.  The crankshaft journals and bearings were amazingly clean and
wear-free.  They looked to have 1/4 or less of the actual miles.

Second, I always get the transmission into neutral and my foot off the clutch
pedal as quickly as reasonable at signals, etc., to limit wear on the
throw-out bearing.  The guy tearing the engine down said that he has never
seen so little wear on the thrust bearings in an engine, before.

So, these are two prooven ways to extend the life of your precious Alfa engines.

chrisp