Re: Milano Water Pump

Stephen Shapar asks:

>I've got an '87 Milano 2.5 which eats water pumps:  I've had it replaced
>three times in the past 60K.  Now it needs another, its fourth.  Questions:
>(i) this can't be normal, right? (ii) how hard would it be for me to do
>myself? (iii) Mechanic recommendations in the DC area?

This is not normal.

The quirks of the Milano are pretty well known, (everyone that had a leaky
timing belt tensioner or the light switch burn out raise their hands)
and this ain't one of them.

As to service, on the Virginia side Precision Import Service in Merrifield
at 703-698-0888.  Ask for Tim, and tell him Scott Allen sent you.

On the Maryland side Rosanova Alfa at 301-779-6616.

Closer to Baltimore Difatta Bros at 410-426-7524.

All are pretty good local parts sources too.

Good luck,

Scott Allen

87 Milano Platinum
77 Spider Veloce