Re: Sud Sprint from Oz

>What hasn't been mentioned is that the Giocatollo, described extravagantly
at the time as "the world's most exciting Alfa Romeo", were initially
designed with the Alfa V6 with a twin turbo version to follow. The car I
have pictures of shows the V6 mid mounted and mated to a ZF transmission.

>Also interesting is that because of the production of these cars there
became available a good supply of "zero miles previously owned" Alfasud
engines for those who wanted them.

>Les in Wellington, NZ

Apologies - this posting is redundant. Got the digest with Nathan Wong's
excellent history after I had written the above.

Les