spider water pump

Hi,
My water pump bearings are starting to make noise. Has anybody had any
experience removing the water pump on a stock '77 or similar spider? From
looking at the car disc, it looks pretty straightforward - remove the
radiator, remove the fan, remove the belt, unbolt the pump, and it comes
right off, and just do the reverse to replace it. Is this really as easy as
it sounds? Do I need to remove the air pump or its bracket for access? Any
other advice?
Thanks
Chris Keen
'77 spider