Alfa/SUV

I've been trying to stay out of this because it's not directly related to
Alfas, but I can't help myself.
Mike Albrecht writes:

"I bet an Alfa hit by a '69 Chrysler New Yorker would look the same as one
 hit by a SUV"

The Alfa might still look like crap, but at least the owner might not. A '69
New Yorker (or, for that matter, a modern large car, i.e. S-class) at least
has the same bumper height, so it won't just ride over the top of your car.
I think someone brought this up before, but yesterday I was sitting next to
an Expedition at the light, and noticed how the bumper was the same height
as my face. I'd also like to say that the standards for the driver's test
here (Calif.) are pathetic, and that I agree that for such a heavy vehicle
you should have to learn its limitations, just like a tow truck driver,
small truck driver, or motorhome driver does when they get a special license
(I think).

Chris Keen
'77 spider