Re: Giulietta rebuild

It's a funny story how I ended up with them. Explain to me how 64 Mustang
seats ended up in a junk yard called "All Foreign". I found these very
seats tossed into a smashed up Giulietta Spider (It almost looked better
than mine.) in All Foreign in Berkeley. Alas, that's another great yard
that went to the big junkyard in the sky. The seats didn't come out of
the car I found them in. They still had the 'Murrican seat tracks on
them. I looked around, but there was no Mustang playing footsies with the
Triumphs and Alfas. At first I thought they might be Cortina seats, but
no. The track width was obviously the same, only the bolt hole spacing
was slightly off. I ran them for quite a while. They were definitely easier
on the back than the stock seats, but the bottom part was a bit high. It
was only when I started autocrossing it in earnest that I decided on some
seats with much better side support.

BTW, out here in California, '64-65 Mustangs are as common as fleas on a
dog. You can still get a decent one for $5K. I'd say the Giuliettas are
worth more. You CAN get parts for the pony cars tho...