SUV bashing

Jim ays:

For more fun go here, you can join one!!: http://poseur.4x4.org/

>I love my sports cars, but they can't do everything, just as the SUV's
can't.

Obviously this is the case. As the owner of two (currently) Alfa's, a Ford
Fairmont and a Holden Monterey (Isuzu Trooper) I sympathise with your piont
of view. The problem is not really with the vehicles, it's with the drivers
and how they use them.

 Everyone has reasons why they own an SUV, some of them are legitimate.
They key is in understanding the vehicle's limitations. The primary reason
I have one is because I did not feel "safe" towing my 105 racer behind the
family sedan and wanted a heavier more stable tow vehicle that was in part
designed for the purpose.

 With 2000 KG of car and trailer behind me at 80-90Kph I feel in more
control and more confident of being able to deal with an emergency than
when I was in my Ford sedan. However at 110 Kph on the freeway and at
60-70K around town in traffic it is definitely a different story. The
differences you have to allow for in braking distance, cornering speed and
angle, anticipation and so forth are entirely different.

The problem comes when people try to drive a 2500Kg + SUV like a 1800Kg or
less sedan - which they do.

The good news is that there are also the first people that will queue for a
BMW X5 and the like which are purposed designed on-road SUV's with more car
like weight and handling/braking dynamics. See, there is some use for BMW
after all!!

>Let's get off of the bashing and on to Alfas.

But this is so much fun!!!

Regds

Bill