SUV Bashing

I just joined this list and was hoping to get some good info on Alfas as I
am looking to get one soon, out of the five digests that I got when I
joined I feel like I have joined an SUV bashing club.

I have an SUV, I also have a sports car (MG not Alfa, yet), I've ridden
many miles on motorcycles, I also have (God forbid) a truck.  I use each of
them for different things, I love driving my MG -- but it stinks in the
snow and off-road...my JEEP doesn't, I doubt very much that my MG or
anyones Alfa can haul as much as my Dodge Ram, but neither the Dodge nor
the Jeep are as much fun to drive as the sports car.

Everyone seems to have their little arguements, for the guy who rides a
motorcycle, it hurts just as much to get hit by a 1500lb Aluminum Abarth as
an SUV...you still hit the ground hard, for the people that whine about the
SUV's using all of the natural resources...I just read the original article
on the Giulia Super in R&T, it averaged 17mpg, my Grand Cherokee can do
that, if I remember correctly the Maserati Bora averaged beetween 7-9mpg.

I love my sports cars, but they can't do everything, just as the SUV's can't.

Let's get off of the bashing and on to Alfas.

Jim Morrison
MG Force