Re: Charging System

You forgot to mention if this car was still equipped with the
original style generator, or if it had been converted to a later
alternator. If it still has a generator, you can plan on feeding
it new batteries about 2-3 times as often as an alternator car.
The colder months are harder on batteries and you also spend more
time with the lights on. Sitting in traffic with the lights on WILL
drain the battery in a generator equipped car. By all means follow
the general procedures posted for testing the electrical system. If
your car is alternator equipped, Fred's adjustable regulators are
a good idea, particularly if the battery has been relocated to the
trunk. If you have the generator, you can open up the regulator
and readjust it, but that can be a little tricky.

I just checked the isaluti web site, and the procedure is really
only for alternator cars. If you need help with a generator, ask
again, with more specifics.