re:Mobil 1 synthetic gear lub

Howard asks about Mobil 1 synthetic gear lube.

I have been using it in my Alfetta for a while now.  When cold the gear box
action is smooth, if a bit slow.  Seems that the oil works best on syncro
function best when cold.  When fully wormed up, there is still the familiar
graunch when going into second (if not done slowly and/or carefully).  I
figure the second gear syncro is somewhere near suburban Chicago, as is most
certainly is not in my car.  As you said Howard, "Thank you, previous owner."

I have heard enough on the Digest to tell me that just because the syncro is
worn out doesn't mean that the trans has to be replaced/rebuilt.  You are
forced into being more careful, is all.  Sort of like preparing you for you
new transaxle whenever you might actually need one.  I think of it like Zen or
yoga; practicing patience.

And for anyone else on the Digest,
Has anyone tried the Kendall sythetic gear lube.  My local parts guys have it,
and it's about a buck cheaper than Mobil 1.  I trust Kendall in both
motorcycles, so I'm wondering if I should try a gear box full of the stuff
when time comes for a change.  Any insights or info??

Thanx
Jay Negrin
AROSC
76 Alfetta GT