Alfa replicar

Recently in Nashville I ran across a Brazilian-manufactured, VW-engined P3
replica. An interesting piece, it has a high-quality fiberglass body and cycle
fenders. The styling is rather loosely based on the P3, but the origins are
quite recognizable (and original sales literature confirms that it is a P3
replica). From the quality of construction, I'm guessing that it was factory
assembled. (The fiberglass work would make the average Lotus owner weep.)

The manufacturer is called L'automobile and the car may have been made in the
1970's. Other than that, the current owner knows nothing about the car. Can
anyone out there shed any light on this unusual auto? (Date of manufacture,
selling price, number imported to the US, etc.)

Bob McKeown
McNeon@domain.elided