More on restoring a Giulietta...

Marc Mosko wrote:

>>>Example. I could have chosen to restore a 1750 Berliner as opposed to
my '65  Guilia Spider Veloce. In the end a 1750 Berliner in #1 condition
is worth about $4000 wheras  the Spider Veloce over $20,000. See the
point?<<<

Yes I do! But, it is only money... I'll scrap the 1750 Berlina and while
I am at it, why not scrap the Giulia Spider Veloce and the 2600 Zagato
as well... let go for something REALLY worthwhile...

Anybody who knows a 8C 2900 for sale that needs a light cosmetic
restoration? Shouldn't be too expensive as I wanna make a buck on it...

What I mean is: go for something that is fun and that is within your
financial reach. When it is your first just be prepared to lose money on
it as whatever car you choose, it is probably the wrong car to start
with anyhow and you won't have all the required skills to do the job
properly.

Any prospective buyer will see if it was a professional restoration job
or an amateur's first... better not start on that 8C 2900 but take
something "lighter" as a starter.

Everything is relative and when everybody would only go for financially
secure restorations, we won't see a single 164 on the roads anymore in
10 years from now... (ooooops!).

Ciao!

Jack