Re: More on restoring a Giulietta

A few more words about restoration..... if you're going to devote time, energy
and money to restore an Alfa remember this: Some Alfas appreciate, some
depreciate, and others will never be worth a hill of beans. But the
restoration process may cost the same in time and money for all of them.
Example. I could have chosen to restore a 1750 Berliner as opposed to my '65
Guilia Spider Veloce. In the end a 1750 Berliner in #1 condition is worth
about $4000 wheras  the Spider Veloce over $20,000. See the point? In the end
no one expects to make a profit on a restoration but the more cents on the
dollar you can get back when you choose to sell should be a factor when you
buy that rolling chassis. Exception might be an Alfista who can't continue
life without a restored Berliner.

Marc Mosko
'74 GTV2000
'65 Guilia Spider Veloce
BMW M3 (that I'd trade for a 156 with 2.5 V6)
BMW Z3  (less fun than a Guilietta)

<<
 Also, as they sometimes say, "the process is the goal". If I get a car
 to restore, I won't be trying to get a neat car cheap to save money and
 end up with something cool to drive. I'll be getting a project,
 something to work on during weekends and summer evenings. The goal will
 be to learn how to, say, rebuild an engine, strip paint, take stuff
 apart, put it back together, re-appholster (sp?), etc., not just get
 something to drive. If I do get a neat car to drive at the end, more's
 the better. But to me at least, that's not the point. The journey is the
 destination . :)

 Scott Johnson
 Alfa Spider FAQ Author >>