Re: Got Milano back! All is well again.

Frank writes:
<< PS. Anyone know why I can't shut the driver's door (won't latch) until
 the car is thoroughly warmed up in winter?  All the other doors work
 fine. >>

Because it is cold. There are plastic parts in the lock assembly and most
likely there is some ice in there causing the latch not to fire. DO NOT mess
with it too much or you will end up with a sprung latch that will not reset.
Ask me how I know, I spent around five hours Sunday and Monday, in 5 degF to
- -5 degF, removing and replacing the latch mechanism with one from my parts
bin. But hell, it started this morning -16 degF and it was sssoooooo cold that
it took almost a full minute for Johnny Disco to wake up and other than my
frozen feet my 25 mile commute was uneventful. I had to take the Milano
because the Turbo Quattro would not start, the afterrun fan to make sure the
turbo doesn't fry wore down the month old battery.

John Katos

87 Milano DD
73 Spider (stored)
3x69 GTV
87 Audi 5000cs Turbo Quattro (on battery charger)
97 Dodge RAM (too new to have some idiot run into it)