Giulia 1300 TI starting problems

Hi all,

Finally back on the list due to a job-hop and waiting
for my internet-cable-modem connection. :-)

I recently have had a lot of problems starting up my
engine (2 double webers instead of single solex). The weather
currently is very wet and rainy. However, on a cold start
it sometimes starts without much problems and at other times
it gives a lot of problems starting, usually resulting in jump-starting
the engine with my Peugeot 306 because the battery could not handle
it anymore and went flat.

It appears that the engine does not ignite, meaning that the starter
tries to start the engine but allthough the starting motor is
running, the engine does not fire at all. Connected to the battery of
my running Peugeot, after a while it finally starts.

What also happens is that sometimes after driving for a while I stop
the engine and then the same problem appears again (when the engine is
still warm).

At other times, after driving the engine does not give any starting
problems.

Is this a typical case of a wet distributor? I must admit that I didnt
check it yet because when the problem appeared it was mainly dark
at night... And during the day it did not give much problems...

I think my spark-plugs are ok (quite new), the battery must be ok too
but the state of the wiring to my spark-plugs are unknown.

Perhaps I must get me a protection kit for the distributor...

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

- --
**Mark Springer * mspringe@domain.elided * http://www.sara.nl/mark **