synthetic oil

                                          11:45 AM            1/4/99

As Abe K. pointed out in an earlier post, there was significant cam and =
follower wear on my Milano (@88k miles) that has been run on Mobil 1 =
15w50 synthetic for the 5 years I've had it and (I was told) before that. =
 BUT, this car is autocrossed alot and get wound out on the street pretty =
much every time it is driven.  I am fairly confidant that if I was using =
mineral oil the cam wear would have been much worse.

I get better mileage and smoother revving with synthetic oil, and I =
assume these are the signs of engine parts happily working together in =
harmony : )

Joe Cabibbo
Madison, WI
'89 Milano