Re: Let's buy Richard a car - or something-

I don't know Richard's fleet, but my impression is that most of us have more
cars than garage (or yard) space and/or spousal/neighborhood tolerance- and we
might badly want a very particular other car, but not necessarily someone
else's choice. My impression also is that most of us have a wish-list of
goodies we would very much like to have if we had the change. So, I wonder
about an alternative approach: A carte-blanche account, or at least a usefully
generous prepaid credit line, at selected money-holes. Sperry Valve? At Wes
Ingram's? At Keith Goring's? At his preferred parts-house? At his favorite
machine shop? His preferred tire source? His preferred body/paint shop? Does
he have (and would he enjoy) a four-post lift? That Montreal engine which is
in Don Black's way? Amenities for the garage, like insulation and a dedicated
HVAC system?

By all means, Richard has more than earned our gratitude, but I wonder whether
other things which made his chosen car ownerships and uses more lavish and
luxuriant might not be worth considering as an option to yet another car.

John H.