cold weather adventure....

I got this note from my friend with the 164 Twin Spark, who is on a trip
in her car...

> welll, i SURE could have used the alfa search and rescue society last week-
> since it was unseasonably warm before we left, i decided to go via the
> badlands to see the new crazy horse monument-they don't call them the
> badlands for nothing-it was down to minus 40 in rapid city withe wind
chill and
> minus 17 without-it wasn't optional-they just say it that way like you
could say,
> no thanks, i'll have mine without!
> I had my coolant tested and it was only good to zero=i tried to get two
> places to add some minus 40 antifreeze and noone could find the plug-i
went to
> toyota place indesperation and they syphoned out what they could get to
and topped
> of the rest-it worked-i put everything i owned in the way of warm
clothing on
> the hood (bonnet, to you) when we pulled off i25 in a terribill blizzard in
> clepto wyo near laramie. ....and i parked next to a guy from alaska who
suggested i
> start the engine every 4-5hours so it didn't freeze...

Brrr!!!
and I'm cryin ' cuz it's going down to 45 tonight!

Doesn't Carson Damm get the Farthest from a dealer Award? Have you seen
where he lives?

WOW! Holy Arctic Circle BatMan!!!
Happy New year from frozen Florida, 53 and falling fast :oD But no rain,
Gordy...
Grapefruit and oranges littering the lawn...
- --

Bill Harkell--Tampa Florida
"Pity those who don't know the redline cry of an Alfa V-6" -Anon.
"Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" -AmiSue1
Homepage: http://pw2.netcom.com/~alfabill/welcome.htm