V-6 Questions.

Well, I've spent good part of my vacation working on several Alfa V-6's
for friends and I have ran across several problems that I need help with.

1)1988 Milano Verde, 86,000 miles.  Just replaced clutch disk due to
slipping at high rpm shifts.  I was amazed when I pulled the old clutch to
see that it was alright and not worn. I replaced it anyway with the new
one.  The same slipping however persists at high rpms.  The pressure plate
was in great condition with no discoloration.  I am assuming the slippage
is due to a weak slave cylinder not disengaging the clutch properly.
Also, I noticed that the spring in these cylinders differ from the GTV-6
model considerably, the latter being the longer and wider.

2)Same car, different problem.  When clutch is depressed and gear engages
the gear shift lever raises up on the console and  rather disheartening
sound presents itself.  What would make the gear selector raise up in the
tranmission?

3)1983 GTV-6. 88,000 Miles.  Just replaced front 18 inches of transmission
due to catastrophic pivot ball failure.  This job went perfect.  I did not
want to trust a helicoil on this job because it just is not strong enough.
Anybody else weary about the design of this clutch fork pivot ball
combination?

	Replaced both rear calipers.  When I try to bleed them I can't get
the pedal to feel right.  On the first application of the brakes the pedal
goes to the floor but then when pumped the pedal gets hard.  Maybe master
cylinder?  It was working fine before the old calipers decided to gush
like the titanic.  I'm baffled.

Thanks For your Help
Sandro Marcantonio
Westminster, Colorado
Sands Alfa Romeo Repair Service (In Training)
1988 Milano Verde (Black)
1991 164S
1987 Ducati 750 Paso
Cars to work on since there aren't any non-dealer mechanics in Denver:
1987 Milano 2.5
1988 Milano Verde (Red)
1991 164L Auto
1983 GTV-6